• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ Unemployment question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kyleclark

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

My wife is bridal seamstress. She works for a major bridal salon. She is considered a part time employee never going over 39 hours a week. it is now the slow season and her hours have been cut to 15 hours a week. Is she entiltiled to any unemployment benefits here in NJ? The reason I ask is because at my job we have a fulltime employee who was reduced to part time status and i understand he gets unemployment for his time reduced. Any help??

Thanks...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whether any given individual will qualify for UI is something only the UI office of her state can say for certain. All we could do is guess, and our guesses are not binding on the state. It is extremely situation specific and depends on a number of variable factors, none of which we know.

She can certainly apply. There is no cost to do so and there is no penalty for being wrong. The worst that can happen is that they say no, in which case she is no worse off than if she didn't apply in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">