• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Njp Bs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SailorsGrl

What is the name of your state?WA

My husband was sent to Captains Mast in Aug. for falling asleep at the end of his watch (not to get into spefics or anything) and got 30 days restriction, so he's been stuck on his ship for the last 25 days. Well, anyway He was very aggravated for revciving that punishment since another guy feel alseep on watch but when to his bed to do so. And also got the same thing. (that's just the begining of it) With that aside he was told that if he did good and didn't miss any of his musters that he could get out 5 days ealier. Which dosen't seem like much but it is because he is suppose to be going out to sea soon. And he made sure not to miss any so that he could be home for a couple of days before having to leave out to sea. And he is not allowed to call me but I visit him on Sunday. Which is how I know what is going on. So last night after midnight was his 25 day so he should have been able to come home today. Well, he's not here and no phone call yet. So, I called and spoke to someone on the ship and they told me that the 5 day early release thing was squashed by someone and that it was going up again today. Because even though they told him he could get off 5 days ealier he still has to fill out a request just like with everything else. It's regulation. So, now that I heard that it was turned down once, I am extremtly angery and fustrated as I know he must be as well. I need help understanding how they can do something like this. After telling him all along that he would get the 5 days if he didn't miss any musters and that they request was just regulations and that it would not get tunred down. He held up his part and now they say "no"? WTH is that all about..? Can some please help me to understand what's going on and who I should contact about this? What can my husband and I do if anything?

Thank you,
Liz

Crazed98

There isn't much to do that's how the military is. They say one thing and then do another.

Their goal was to punish him and they did it I doubt he will fall asleep on anymore of his watches.

BelizeBreeze

SailorsGrl said:
What is the name of your state?WA

My husband was sent to Captains Mast in Aug. for falling asleep at the end of his watch (not to get into spefics or anything) and got 30 days restriction, so he's been stuck on his ship for the last 25 days. Well, anyway He was very aggravated for revciving that punishment since another guy feel alseep on watch but when to his bed to do so. And also got the same thing. (that's just the begining of it) With that aside he was told that if he did good and didn't miss any of his musters that he could get out 5 days ealier. Which dosen't seem like much but it is because he is suppose to be going out to sea soon. And he made sure not to miss any so that he could be home for a couple of days before having to leave out to sea. And he is not allowed to call me but I visit him on Sunday. Which is how I know what is going on. So last night after midnight was his 25 day so he should have been able to come home today. Well, he's not here and no phone call yet. So, I called and spoke to someone on the ship and they told me that the 5 day early release thing was squashed by someone and that it was going up again today. Because even though they told him he could get off 5 days ealier he still has to fill out a request just like with everything else. It's regulation. So, now that I heard that it was turned down once, I am extremtly angery and fustrated as I know he must be as well. I need help understanding how they can do something like this. After telling him all along that he would get the 5 days if he didn't miss any musters and that they request was just regulations and that it would not get tunred down. He held up his part and now they say "no"? WTH is that all about..? Can some please help me to understand what's going on and who I should contact about this? What can my husband and I do if anything?

Thank you,
Liz
And of course, you can tell us who told him he would get five days off for good behavior. Right?

The fact is, he got off easy. What your husband can do is finish out his last 5 days and thank is lucky stars he isn't facing derilcition of duty and hard time.

Snipes5

And what you can do is NOT call his ship when things don't go your way. That's extremely childish, and trust me, it won't help him or his reputation. And PLEASE don't give me the line that YOU aren't in the military and they can't tell you what to do. Spouses' behavior can and does affect a military person's career, whether you like it or not.

In case neither you nor he realizes this, falling asleep on watch can result in the death of one or more of his shipmates, due to the fact that he isn't "watching".

Be grateful that's all he got for punishment, and for the sake of his shipmates, I hope he learned a lesson.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">