• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NO 3rd Party Interference Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LA

I just read a thread about filing for No 3rd Part Interference. I have court coming up in January and wanted to ask a few questions. Please see pieces of my judgment for reference:

1. Dad to continue random drug testing once per month along with myself.
2. visitation scheduled as previously, however if dad has to work during his custodial
period, stemom may care for minor child.
3. dad personally write child support checks and deliver to me personally whether in
person or by regular mail.
4. parties are to deal directly with each other regarding health, safety, education and
well being of minor chld. The parties' spouses/significant others are not to interfere in
the parenting process or speak for the other parent. the parties should deal directly
with each other on all issues concerning the child.
5. absolutely no smoking of any kind whether outside, inside, in the car or anywhere in
the presence of minor child.

Dad has missed 10 drug screens out of 11, has not had a job in the last 2 years and continuous leaves daughter with stepmom alone. Stepmom deposits my child support (which I know is helping, but I want to lay it all out there with ALL contempt issues). Dad has yet to return 1 phone call of mine or text message since our last court appearance in Jan. I have emailed him, and stepmom intercepts the messages and responds for him. She uses "us" and "we" in her emails to me about "MY" daughter as to what she can wear, how she is disciplined, when "they" will meet me at social functions concerning my daughteretc... Why can't HE text me or call me???

There is a "No Coporal Punishment" clause in our judgment, and stepmom is said to be spanking my daughter when dad is not around, and she is very demeaning to my daughter when dad is not around. All I can do is continue to encourage her to go over, when I really would like to grab stepmom by the hair and show her what it's like to be whipped.

I continuously try to talk to him, and he will not return my calls, or text messages. If I email him, I am really emailing the wife. The wife has put pics of my daughter on her myspace and captioned them as "my beautiful daughter", "My beautiful daughter at dance recital", "My beautiful daughter at karate", and clearly a picture of stepmom, with caption under it "ME". She has registered my daughter as hers last summer, and summer prior, she has left me off of CONTACT lists with each recreation center, and my daughter told me that she is introduced as stepmom's daughter when friends are over. She wanted to know why she had 2 mommies, and that came out. She had sent out an email to all of HER friends regarding an online fundraiser for MY daughter that I was proactively involved in.

Dad tells me his cell is broken when giving his sorry excuses for not contacting me and advises me to text stepmom, or call her when I need him. I text her, asking her to have him call me like he asked, and she wants to know what is going on. I don't say anything to her except that I would prefer to speak to him personally, and then get an email from "him" wanting to know what I want. I want HIM to call me to talk about our daughter, not a stupid email at 5:30 in the evening. I have pics of him smoking with my daughter in his arms after her karate tournament, and she has severe bronchial asthma. How do I remove stepmom out of the equation???

This is getting ridiculous and I am at a loss for words at this point. I would like to submit my correspondence to attorney without getting emotional, and would really like any advice you can possibly give. We have been in front of the judge previously, and they were slapped, so I am really hoping that they won't get slapped this go round.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOu cant remove stepmom but you can request that ONLY you and dad are allowed to be referred to as the child's parents in ANY official correspondence, sign up sheets and elsewhere and that you are BOTh to PROHIBIT others from referring to themselves as the parent of said child.

Thanks OG, I wasn't meaning to remove stepmom from picture completely. I want her to back off and let me and dad deal with OUR child. Stepmom always answers home phone, emails, and I have to text her b/c dad's cell is "broke" and I am tired of these games. I will certainly take your advice on prohibiting her to identify herself as "mom" however in the meantime, how can I get dad to communicate with me? It is already ordered that she is to have NO contact with me. I forgot to add that large piece of info. Sorry! I have so many orders to go from, but I will reconcile into 1 during next court visit.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Who ordered her to have NO contact with you?
That is a big piece. If it was the family court, file a motion to show cause.

Judge ordered it 2 years ago, and was carried over to the current orders. As for the other issues, do I outline the provisions of the judgment to my attorney and then list the correspondence to show cause before filing contempt?

kgh1977

Thanks OG, I wasn't meaning to remove stepmom from picture completely. I want her to back off and let me and dad deal with OUR child. Stepmom always answers home phone, emails, and I have to text her b/c dad's cell is "broke" and I am tired of these games. I will certainly take your advice on prohibiting her to identify herself as "mom" however in the meantime, how can I get dad to communicate with me? It is already ordered that she is to have NO contact with me. I forgot to add that large piece of info. Sorry! I have so many orders to go from, but I will reconcile into 1 during next court visit.
Send a Demand Letter to him regarding all the things you want to stop. Keep a copy for yourself to put as evidence of your official request. Also remind him in the letter about the no smoking thing. This way you have an official paper trail. Make sure to send the letter certified with return receipt. Good luck!!! Im in a similar situation that I hope just was rectified by the No Third Party Interference Order that was signed. My ex did a motion to reconsider and he was yeld at by the judge for his wife and his behavior. New temp order states SM is to have nothing to do with any decisions regarding kids, PERIOD!!

I gave a bunch of evidence of her interferring in my relationship with my daughter. If she had only done a few things then I dont believe the commissioner would have signed the order, but put them all together over the last 2.5 years and it added up. I was lucky to have a commissioner that actually saw the BIG picture.

Good luck!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">