• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No asset chapter 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cw30000

NY Business Bankruptcy, no asset, no activity

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I opened a C-Corp in 2007 to go into food business, but due to a chain of events right after it (started with an unexpected baby right after submitted the paperwork), I total forgot that I have an C-Corp that is opened. Nothing was ever done to it, no business account, no asset or anything. No tax was ever file. I also moved out of state. I've only find out because my parents still live in the business's registered address.

I was going to file all the tax and then close it, but my tax accountant told me the minimum franchise tax in NYS and NYC were $800 and $300 for 2007, then in 2008, $25, $300. 2009 on is $29, $25. The franchise fees plus reinstall, then closing fee will be almost $2,000.

My question is, will it be cheaper just go thought a business bankruptcy and close it?

Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">