• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marvin777

What is the name of your state? New York

I was promised a year end bonus if I was to met certain goals by year end. I had asked my General manager as well as the controller(whose job it was to set up the goals and email it to the GM) on numerous ocassions what the goals where. The controller would tell me the GM had all the information. When I questionned the GM he would tell me he was still awaiting the information from the Controller. Finally, in approx. June, July 07, I speak to the GM and he tells me "not to worry". I asked him what that meant and he said: "You have already meet all of the goals." In February of this year I was terminatted. A person from corporate was present as was the controller and the GM. I asked about my bonus, the person from corporate said I did not meet my goals. I explained my conversation that I had with the GM. The GM said he did not remember the conversation. When I recounted the situation, the Controller sat there and agreed with all of my points. The GM said there must have been some breakdown in communication. The person from corporate said to give her a week and she would have an answer for me.
I have contacted the HR dept. twice and they only respond they are checking into it.
Any suggestions? The dept of Labor was no help, as to much money is involved.

ecmst12

A bonus is just that - something extra, NOT wages. It is typical for companies to require that you still be an employee at the time the bonus is PAID OUT, in order to receive it. So even if you met all the goals, they are not required to give it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">