• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No contact order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Caponi

What is the name of your state?california, me and my girl are shocked by the judge putting a no contact order against us.due to her counslor stating to the court i was a bad influence. We have a healthy relationship and no domestic case on us. Is that legal

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Let's put it this way. It is not inherently illegal.

How old is she? How old are you? What happened so that the counselor thought you were a bad influence and said so in court?

Caponi

She was on pre-plea under the influence.first offence.she is 34. And she goes to program. She got a false positive and her couslor right away told the court that I was a bad influence. Before the test came back from being labbed. Jude ordered a no contact

PayrollHRGuy

Yes that is totally legal for the judge to order it and the counselor to suggest it. Since you weren't there when your girl spoke with the counselor you have no idea what she said that made the counselor say you were a bad influence.

Caponi

I'm on probation, 6 month with no violations or dirty tests.so I dont understand it has nothing to do with being domestic violence issue

PayrollHRGuy

So she is pre-plea and you are on probation. I can see why the counselor thinks you are a bad influence.

You do understand that the counselor is trying to keep her out of jail, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">