• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No contract & after 7 months, client gives up on job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fuelaffect

No contract & after 7 months, client gives up on job. How do I get paid?

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I have been working with a project management company on a design project for the last 7 months. The terms of the project have been agreed upon verbally and through email only. The project is complete except for 2.5 pages of content. The project has been sitting in limbo for 3 months waiting on this conent. After attempts by me to secure content or help create content, client states that they don't have time to complete the project now and I will just have to wait for content and payment.

1. Is this a breach of verbal contract because they are making it impossible for me to complete said project?
2. Can I demand full/partial payment?
3. Can I legally record conversations with client in hopes of gaining proof of client's actions?

Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">