• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no courts, no marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ronnie-Rae

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was never married to the father of my child, but she has his name on the birth Certificate, and bears his last name! he has never supported her, and the only reason he has contact is outta my wanting her to have a relationship with her Dad, to basically keep her from future counseling ( Why didn't my Dad love me). I have moved from him to a different state ( He could have cared less), but I allow her to take his call's, when he decides every 4 weeks or so to call. I have found out that he has been plotting to use her lonliness in our new situation, to plot and talk her into moving back with him. This Man lives in an effiencey, and agin...... has never cared if she even had a pair of shoes to start school in. I was gonna let her go see him for a few weeks in the summer, but after seeing some of these posts, i am afraid he could move and i would have no recourse. what are my rights as her Mom and total care taker, since she was born 10 years ago?

CMSC

Ronnie-Rae said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
after seeing some of these posts, i am afraid he could move and i would have no recourse. what are my rights as her Mom and total care taker, since she was born 10 years ago?
Hmmm, now you know how he felt when you moved?! You really are lucky that he hasn't done anything because you could be in a little bit of trouble for moving, not much trouble just a little. Is there a custody order or anything? If there is not support order then you should have gotten one when you were worried about her needing shoes 9of course he may not have paid then either). If there is no custody order and you want to be evil about it all you don't need to let him see her tell him to get a visitation order set up, he will then of course get to see her alot more.

R

Ronnie-Rae

no courts/ never married

You are either a very angry person who doesn't pay attention before answering post's, or you are writing outta anger towards a post I responded too, that has nothing to do with the post I wrote, seeking advice!! I was forced to move outta state, because I was seriously ill and had to go on disability, and couldn't afford to live in the City I was raised, I begged for his help, and financial help to keep from having to make this decision, he could have cared less that I was sick, raising his daughter on my own, he has never done anything for her but play "big Daddy" when I was the one to make sure he got to see her when I was able to go home to see my own dying Father, and allowed her to take his call's, when he decided to call. How dare you! Read the Post, and get more info, before attacking me. I would love for him to pursue his rights, I might be able to get all the 10 years of back support, and the "Government" get back all the medicaid and food stamps! This is not a site for all this banter..... but, i will not back off from ignorant MEN like you! And...... hope that other women in this situation are able to read and respond to my posts!

CMSC

Re: no courts/ never married

Ronnie-Rae said:
but, i will not back off from ignorant MEN like you! And...... hope that other women in this situation are able to read and respond to my posts!
Excuse me let me clear something up, the user i.d. ryry's MOM, hmmm...hello???? Does something not sound strange to you. If I am a angry man then maybe you should use the search engine on here and read my posts!! Then we will see who is ignorant!

No where in my post to you was I being rude or ignorant. I read the post clearly. I can't read between the lines. You were mad because he did not care enough when your child needed shoes, well guess what, neither did my ex, so I filed for support and now his butt is going to be in jail for failure to comply. SO maybe I am a little angry but not at you!

I asked you some simple questions and if those questions make you hostile then so be it!

Seanscott

Has this ever gone to court?

If he has not been ordered by a judge to pay support, I don't think he would want to go to court now to demand a visitation schedule. Especially since you said he could care less about the child. The judge just might rake him over the coals for his irresponsible actions.

If he has not accepted any responsibility for your daughter, and the courts have not ordered him to do so, then you do not owe him a darn thing.

If you don't want your daughter to visit him, then she won't go and there isn't jack spit he can do about it unless he goes to court. I don't think he wants to do that!

He can't have it both ways. Don't let him!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">