• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No cure - Insurance cancelled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ranchgirl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ca.

Can medical insurance be cancelled if the doctor dx as terminal? If there is no cure can they drop you just like that? If you pay your insurance on time shoud they not pay the bills until you pass? Is there any recourse?

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

ranchgirl said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ca.

Can medical insurance be cancelled if the doctor dx as terminal? If there is no cure can they drop you just like that? If you pay your insurance on time shoud they not pay the bills until you pass? Is there any recourse?
Please give us the whole truth, your history of drug abuse, jail time, probation violations. Understand that all that is necessary to answer your question. Think of it from the point of view of the insurance company, how big a risk are you to them? Will you comply with treatment? Your condition isn't fatal, your noncompliance with treatment is the problem. The state will take care of you eventually, one way or the other. Get off and stay of Drugs/alcohol and quit playing games

ranchgirl

I was asking for my mother. She is the one that there is no cure for. and her health insurance has been cancelled. but thank you for your help. I have dealt with my legal issuse and they are all one in the same. easy enough for you to look up. I had one conviction 4 years ago and i am paying for it. I screw up. and what does jail have to do with medical insurance being cancelled? I have my own health problems but nothing like my moms. If there is anyone in the forum that has any advice please let me know.

AAA

rmet4nzkx

You still have not given enough information for any advise.

In the past you signed on under one name, changed it, then said you always ask in the 3rd person and it was you, not your friend about which you were asking.

Now what is anyone supposed to think when you ask a quesiton?

ranchgirl

re:

I would expect an answer .She has cancer and her insurance is being cancelled. What else do you need to know. Can i write the name of the health insurance company? it's an hmo. full coverage. I will try to get more information from my mom. Is this a normal procedure. I thought health insurance was for when you became ill. So tax payers don't have to foot the bill. and yes I pay my taxes.My mother was heathy until a stroke and thats when they found the cancer.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

How old is your mother?
Is this insurance private or group coverage?
What are the limitations of the policy?
Is this a new policy?
Is this health or disability insurance.
If your mother is employed and this is group coverage, is she on short or long term disability?
Has she applied for SSDI?
Has she applied for medicaid?
See lots of questions.

BlondiePB

rmet4nzkx said:
How old is your mother?
Is this a new policy?
If your mother is employed and this is group coverage, is she on short or long term disability?
See lots of questions.
That's right! I would like to add another very important question. How many more months is your mother expected to live?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
All of the questions Ms. Cupcake asks are important. However, these are the most critical:

IF this is health insurance, it is vitally important to know whether or not this is individual, private insurance or employer-sponsored group insurance.

IF this is disability insurance, it is vitally important to know whether it is short- or long-term disability you are asking about, and what the limitations are.

This is the bare minimum of information needed to answer your question. There may well be other information needed as we go along, but no one can even begin to think about answering whether cancelling the insurance is legal, without the above.

ranchgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmet4nzkx
How old is your mother?
Is this a new policy?
See lots of questions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
age-67
private insurance
limitations- don't have that info yet
she had this policy for a little over six years
health insurance
retired
she receives something for medical and her private insurance is supplment I might have that backwords.
will be looking at her policy Sunday to find out limitations
she has less them five months

BlondiePB

As soon as you read this, start calling Hospice Organizations and have your mother enrolled in a Hospice. You're mother needs immediate medical care. Hospice is 100% covered under Medicare Part A. And, even if a person does not have ANY medical insurance, Medicare, or a means to pay for medical care, there are Hospice Organizations that will provide care regardless of one's ability to pay. Ability to pay does not affect the care that the terminally ill patient receives. Hospice is available 24 hrs. Be sure to follow up with whatever one that says they will come tomorrow morning too. You can deal with the insurance policy "stuff" later.

Furthermore, your mother's final arrangements need to be made if she has not made any prearrangements. Your mother does not have much time left. Those I have known of and have personally dealt with that have been diagnosed with brain cancer that was discovered because of a stroke, have passed about four weeks later. I found this website www.funeraldepot.com and dealt with the place on the phone. They are excellent and great with returning phone calls. Expore the website after making calls to Hospice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">