• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no disclosure, no nothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hperry180502

New York,
hello,
my husband bought a house oct. 01, didnt get to move in until jan 02 because the previous owner had not finished his double wide right next to our land. we then we found out, the basement is more than just damp, the well ist not even supplying enough water for us to have a shower and do laundry. then he was told, his propane-tank would have be taken out because there is no ventilation going to the outside of the house. we lived there with 3 kids until i decided to move back to germany until this is straightened out, for the sake of my kids. because all fumes go inside the house and as we all know thats not healthy at all. the roof also needs to be replaced. apparently one panel on the outside of the pool needed to be replaced, so we were told, but when the cover was taken off in june, we saw that everything needs to be replaced. the previous owner holds the mortgage and received a large down payment of $ 25.000 in cash. this was a private deal, and my husband never thought of getting a survey done on this house before.
my husband didn't get a disclosure form or anything like it, in fact he was told that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this house.
and now every time my husbands tries to speak to the previous owner about any of these problems, he is told, that they never had these problems and it is our problem now. unfortunately we just don't have the money to hire a lawyer anymore, so does anybody know what we can do about this or how we can get out of this house without losing all the money we have already paid for it.
PLEASE; PLEASE; PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HomeGuru

hperry180502 said:
New York,
hello,
my husband bought a house oct. 01, didnt get to move in until jan 02 because the previous owner had not finished his double wide right next to our land. we then we found out, the basement is more than just damp, the well ist not even supplying enough water for us to have a shower and do laundry. then he was told, his propane-tank would have be taken out because there is no ventilation going to the outside of the house. we lived there with 3 kids until i decided to move back to germany until this is straightened out, for the sake of my kids. because all fumes go inside the house and as we all know thats not healthy at all. the roof also needs to be replaced. apparently one panel on the outside of the pool needed to be replaced, so we were told, but when the cover was taken off in june, we saw that everything needs to be replaced. the previous owner holds the mortgage and received a large down payment of $ 25.000 in cash. this was a private deal, and my husband never thought of getting a survey done on this house before.

**A: you never got a home inspection to protect your interests.

my husband didn't get a disclosure form or anything like it, in fact he was told that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this house.

**A: then you should not have closed without it.

and now every time my husbands tries to speak to the previous owner about any of these problems, he is told, that they never had these problems and it is our problem now. unfortunately we just don't have the money to hire a lawyer anymore, so does anybody know what we can do about this or how we can get out of this house without losing all the money we have already paid for it.
PLEASE; PLEASE; PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**A: since you have not mitigated damages, cannot afford to hire an attorney and are moving to Germany, there is really nothing you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">