• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"No Diving" signs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

Hi
I posted over a year ago my accident.
someone told me of a guy similar to my accident and he got over a huge award from the bar/resort.
I was interested if people see signs more often ? less often?
Has there been any improvement in your condition?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We don't know that he has been hurt, as opposed to just receiving a school assignment ;)
When I posted this, I didn't see the prior responses relating to the posting history (which I also didn't check.) I knew the story sounded familiar from earlier threads on this board, but the question was asked in such a vague way that I assumed (oops) that this couldn't be related to that. My mistake :(

quincy

The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Florida is four years - so ssatl should be seeking out a personal injury attorney soon if he wants to file suit against the bar.

ssatl

I did see a lawyer and she mentioned contributory negligence and that has put it almost to a halt
unfortunately

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I did see a lawyer and she mentioned contributory negligence and that has put it almost to a halt
unfortunately
That sounds like something we would have mentioned when you first asked the question. I'd go back and look, but I'm sure we did.

Just Blue

unfortunately
You can try another attorney but are likely to get the same opinion. Is your condition improved at all?

Just Blue

That sounds like something we would have mentioned when you first asked the question. I'd go back and look, but I'm sure we did.
We did. The entire 1st thread was telling OP that his actions cause the injury...not the lack of signage of the bar.

ssatl

Hi Jet Blue,
No improvement but I was told that by my doctors there won't be. Im classified as a complete C3 quadriplegic: paralyzed base of neck/top shoulders down. classification: ASIA-A which means no function/sensation below C3.

quincy

unfortunately
I suggest you see another attorney (or two or three).

Although I agree with the attorney you spoke to that you are largely (if not entirely) responsible for the accident that caused your injury, your injury is so severe, and your medical expenses astronomical, that even if only a small portion of fault can be attributed to the bar, a lawsuit could be worthwhile.

Just Blue

Hi Jet Blue,
No improvement but I was told that by my doctors there won't be. Im classified as a complete C3 quadriplegic: paralyzed base of neck/top shoulders down. classification: ASIA-A which means no function/sensation below C3.
I'm so sorry...But as Q has pointed out with the advancement of medical technology there may be hope for your condition in the future. Don't give up hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">