• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"No Diving" signs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

When a thread has reached 4 pages, it is generally safe to assume all has been discovered and covered. Haha. :)

adjusterjack

Most of those want candidates who are "incomplete" or "partial" injuries
I suggest you keep contacting attorneys even if you have to talk to 100 of them. I noted last year that there is a remote possibility that the bar "might" have some liability in spite of your own contribution to your injuries. Somewhere there might be an attorney who is willing to take a shot at it based on the sympathetic jury factor.

It's rare but sometimes a jury will make a decision that flies in the face of the facts because there is a sympathetic plaintiff.

PayrollHRGuy

I stand firmly in the "contributory negligence" camp on this one.
As everyone on both forums did at the time.

Don't get me wrong I feel sorry for the OP because I too did stupid things when I was young (and still do from time to time). I just never expected anyone other than myself and my insurance company to pay for it.

quincy

I remember the thread on the (no longer existing) other forum as well. I stand firmly in the "contributory negligence" camp on this one.
Contributory negligence in Florida allows for recovery of damages according to percentage of fault. So, even if ssatl is found 90% at fault and the bar is found 10% at fault, ssatl can collect on the 10%.

With his type of injury, 10% can be substantial.

Here is a link to the law (which was also provided in ssatl’s first thread):

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0768/Sections/0768.81.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">