• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No equity, No settlement right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nailtech

What is the name of your state? Texas

asking for a friend who her and her husband just built a house moved in it in March and now he decides he does not want to be married, since theres no equity in the house does she have to pay him off on the house, I'm almost positive the answer is NO, but I want to make sure... only 4 payments have been made....

kat1963

Didn't they have a down payment?....:confused: How nice of him, I wouldn't give him a dime. However, you then get into the quit claim/refinance b.s...and refinancing isn't going to be free either. Maybe he needs to buy his way out eh?
KAT

nailtech

she hasnt given me all the details, I just dont want him to screw her out of everything... she's at such an emotional state right now its hard to get anything out of her as far as the perticulars... he's such a jerk put her through mental turmoil, they tried for 8 years to have a baby she's now 4 and built the dream house they have planned for years,... we cant figure why except either another woman or a midlife crisis..... or both.....

I have no idea if they put a down payment on the house, since they had it built, I do know the land its sitting on they have had it paid off for years and the land alone is maybe worth 20K.... but now that a 175Khouse is sitting on it, not sure how that works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">