• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Facilities To Work In On Campus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cgrant

Massachusetts

Hello,
I am an undergraduate college student studying for my BFA in animation in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I began school last year and am planning on transferring at the end of this semester.

My school had announced before I enrolled that we would have a brand new building to work in and were leaving their current facilities. Construction had been going on for a long while and our administration had told us repeatedly we would be able to work there when the Spring semester began. Just five days before students returned from winter break on January 26th, we received an email that our promised facilities would not be open until January 31st.

Instead, our scheduled classes were placed in completely insufficient rooms as a replacement both on and off campus until the building opened.

After all this was announced and practiced, snow from this winter had record breaking amounts of snowstorms. As a result, the building was not fully opened until late very February. Even then, there was many issues with the building's construction which had led to classes being disrupted further.

Is it at all possible to get the tuition money I paid back for the obscene amount of time I did not have in my assigned college classrooms?

I am asking this now because I am leaving and feel like I have been completely been scammed out of my tuition money.
Thank you.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Massachusetts

Hello,
I am an undergraduate college student studying for my BFA in animation in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I began school last year and am planning on transferring at the end of this semester.

My school had announced before I enrolled that we would have a brand new building to work in and were leaving their current facilities. Construction had been going on for a long while and our administration had told us repeatedly we would be able to work there when the Spring semester began. Just five days before students returned from winter break on January 26th, we received an email that our promised facilities would not be open until January 31st.

Instead, our scheduled classes were placed in completely insufficient rooms as a replacement both on and off campus until the building opened.

After all this was announced and practiced, snow from this winter had record breaking amounts of snowstorms. As a result, the building was not fully opened until late very February. Even then, there was many issues with the building's construction which had led to classes being disrupted further.

Is it at all possible to get the tuition money I paid back for the obscene amount of time I did not have in my assigned college classrooms?

I am asking this now because I am leaving and feel like I have been completely been scammed out of my tuition money.
Thank you.
Short answer: No.

Silverplum

Massachusetts

Hello,

Thank you.
Majoring in Animation. "Completely insufficient" classrooms. Lotsa snow. Got it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

cgrant

Majoring in Animation. "Completely insufficient" classrooms. Lotsa snow. Got it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
As absurd sounding of an issue coming from someone who plans on making cartoons for a living, we do have specific equipment and facilities necessary which were not at all available. Is there really no standing for negligence that can be made?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
As absurd sounding of an issue coming from someone who plans on making cartoons for a living, we do have specific equipment and facilities necessary which were not at all available. Is there really no standing for negligence that can be made?
Short answer: Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">