• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toast924

What is the name of your state?MS

I own a home in Mississippi. It was hit by Hurricane Katrina. At the time, we did not have insurance because there was some work that needed to be done before anyone would insure it. We had remodelers insurance, but for a limited time. Now our house is severely damaged. Was it illegal for us to be without homeowners insurance? If we decide to bulldoze the house and keep paying the mortgage for the land what do I need to do?

FEMA will set you up with the SBA, they have low interest loans to help people in your position. Not as good as insurance but it helps.

mikey_39520

Sorry for losses.

Deffinately do not do anything without contacting FEMA and your lender because there may be alot of help out there you are unaware of. Of course you are supposed to have insurance for your lenders lean and I am surprised they did not force place it on you but regardless good luck. By the way I lost my home in Bay St. Louis,MS. staying in Houston now and don't know what the next move is??? Mike M.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">