• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No notice just took my moms potted plants by force and we still renting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bbear

California
We have rented for 15 years and all of a sudden the landlords sons said we can't have them and called me p####y mother [language removed] in front of my mom and daughter all I could do was stand there like a disease I know they were trying to get me to do something to them so they could use it against me and try to evict us

quincy

Why did the landlord’s son say you couldn’t have potted plants? What type of plants?

Please leave the vulgar language out of your posts as it violates the terms of use on this site. Just saying the landlord’s son used vulgar language is enough. We know what vulgar language is. ;)

xylene

I think that the words in this case are beyond merely vulgar, but slurs that rise to the level of fighting words.

quincy

I think that the words in this case are beyond merely vulgar, but slurs that rise to the level of fighting words.
I agree that the words spoken by the landlord’s son seemed designed to elicit a specific response from Bbear.

The question remains: Why? What would lead a landlord’s son to speak in that manner to Bbear over Bbear’s potted plants?

FarmerJ

I suggest the only thing that matters is what your lease says about outdoor plants and when your lease is up for renewal , if your lease is silent then consider reporting the theft of those plants to the police and then going back to the lease if the lease is silent on the matter then add a outdoor nanny cam to record or do it from the inside and consider writing the actual owner and tell them their son needs to read the lease and then consult with their attorney to learn what part of the lease says you cant have plants outside and in the letter remind them that California is pretty darn tenant friendly when it comes to landlord tenant issues .

Mass_Shyster

You claim they took the plants by force. If that is correct, you should call the police and report the robbery (larceny by force)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">