• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No notification regarding Cobra

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ramjet430

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca.

I was layed off on 9/30/09. Two days later (due to an urgent issue with a perscription) the benefits manager signed me up for Cobra. She stated that I should receive the information soon. As of this date, I have not received anything regarding Cobra. My understanding is that the company has 30 days to notify the Cobra administrator and they have 14 days to notify me. I realize I have Cobra now, however, I do not know what the cost will be nor have I received any information. I have left messages with the benefits manager.

Do I have any legal recourse against my old company or the Cobra administrator?

Thanks

FlyingRon

Huh? Recourse for what? You got the benefits continued. If you had not managed to get it because of failure for them to make the notification, you might get the recourse of being allowed to sign up even though you had missed the notification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">