• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No order before deploying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SgtPink

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
My husband and my stepdaughter's mom are going through a custody case. There is no court order as of right now. My husband just found out that he will be getting deployed next year. I have several questions and I hope you guys can help out with this. If I am overstepping my boudaries please let me know.

1. How is this going to effect the custody case itself?

2. How will this effect Child Support? Will he have to pay from his military pay or his work pay while he is deployed?

3. If there is an order set before he leaves, can I have my stepdaughter during what would be his time or is it up to her mom to let me see her?

These are a few of the questions that he has right now. I would really appreciate your advice and all your help. Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
1. How is this going to effect the custody case itself?
Today it may or may not affect it since he won't be deployed until next year and anything can happen in that period of time. It is POSSIBLE that he could get custody depending on MOM's situation.

2. How will this effect Child Support? Will he have to pay from his military pay or his work pay while he is deployed?
He will have his military pay most likely garnished.
3. If there is an order set before he leaves, can I have my stepdaughter during what would be his time or is it up to her mom to let me see her?
Nope. Dad's visitation is not transferrable to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">