• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? VA

My ex and I have been seperated for almost 3 years now, we have no legal seperation, or court ordered support. Ex has been good about paying support, but recently moved to another state, with her new boyfriend, and has not gotten a job as of yet, so I have not been receiving support, and things are really tight to say the least. Since we don't have a support order, do I have anything to stand on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Senior Member
You need to file for a legal separation, custody, and CS. She is under no legal obligation to pay you. The sooner you get an order, the better. Even if she doesn't pay, the arrears plus interest will still be there until she pays it off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential