• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No paternity established, wanting to relocate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kprice3

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My husband and I were separated for a year, we have three children together, well in that year him and I both saw other people and I ended up pregnant by my ex boyfriend. I’m 23 week pregnant and my husband and I are currently reestablished and living together and working things out. Well my husband is wanting to relocate out of state from here to Texas or to Florida he hasn’t decided what police department he wants to work for it’s better job opportunity. Now my question is is it legal to relocate since there’s no paternity established or is it not legal. My baby is a girl, and her father is lazy, he doesn’t have a job doesn’t have any means for himself and his plans are to have his parents pay for court costs eventually And he asked me not to make him pay child support, obviously because he refuses to get a job. Moving out of Indiana would financially benefit myself and my husband which is why we are wanting to relocate but I don’t want to get in any legal trouble.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
At this point, there is no child, so he (your ex-bf) doesn't have a say in where you move to. On top of that, the baby will have a legal father once born; your husband. The husband is presumed to be the legal father of a child born of the marriage.

Be careful about denigrating the man...you chose him.

EDIT: The state where the child is born will determine what options there are for the biological father to seek a paternity determination and all the things that go along with that.

kprice3

At this point, there is no child, so he doesn't have a say in where you move to. On top of that, the baby will have a legal father once born; your husband. The husband is presumed to be the legal father of a child born of the marriage.

Be careful about denigrating the man...you chose him.
When him and I first got together he worked then as our relationship moved forward, things got bad and he stopped working was mentally and physically abusive so I am kind of bitter I shouldn’t have posted it that way though. I just really wanted to be certain that I couldn’t get into any sort of legal trouble moving out of state.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If his paternity isn't legally established, then he won't have to pay child support. ;) Of course, that also means that he doesn't have custody or visitation - that's only for legal parents.

So, does he want parental rights (without parental responsibilities), or is it just his parents that want a relationship with their biological grandbaby?

kprice3

If his paternity isn't legally established, then he won't have to pay child support. ;) Of course, that also means that he doesn't have custody or visitation - that's only for legal parents.

So, does he want parental rights (without parental responsibilities), or is it just his parents that want a relationship with their biological grandbaby?
He wants to have time, without paying for her, he said that he wants us to pay for things for her in our time, which honestly with the way our relationship was I wouldn’t be comfortable with him having her alone. Physically and mentally abusive. He pushed me super hard into a door knowing I was pregnant and o made him leave
Not long after that once he put his hands on me that was it especially knowing I was carrying a baby. And his parents would pay only so they could see her. Which I have no issues with his parents, it’s just him, but living here in Indiana me and my husband aren’t getting anywhere we live pay check to paycheck, and moving to another state we both would have better job opportunities.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My husband and I were separated for a year, we have three children together, well in that year him and I both saw other people and I ended up pregnant by my ex boyfriend. I’m 23 week pregnant and my husband and I are currently reestablished and living together and working things out. Well my husband is wanting to relocate out of state from here to Texas or to Florida he hasn’t decided what police department he wants to work for it’s better job opportunity. Now my question is is it legal to relocate since there’s no paternity established or is it not legal. My baby is a girl, and her father is lazy, he doesn’t have a job doesn’t have any means for himself and his plans are to have his parents pay for court costs eventually And he asked me not to make him pay child support, obviously because he refuses to get a job. Moving out of Indiana would financially benefit myself and my husband which is why we are wanting to relocate but I don’t want to get in any legal trouble.
bump for op to find

kprice3

Well guy number two currently has warrants for felonies right now, I will know who’s child it is once she’s born because ones black and one is white. But the black guy I was messing around with is a convicted felon. Then my ex he’s still not working but his family wants time which means he’d need time but they’re mad if he got rights I’d ask for child support because I know he won’t do anything unless he is forced to. I had myself in a mess. But I don’t have any contact with him or his family which I talked to my attorney I have retained for other reasons and she said I absolutely do not have to have contact with him or his family at all. Which I don’t. And the other guy I have no contact with period.

Eekamouse

You know, your baby's father can petition for a DNA test and if he does that, he'll have as much right to parent that child as you do. Please don't plan on leaving the state and then lying to the child when she is old enough to understand that your husband is her father because he is not. She'll have a right to know her real father. Are you planning on depriving her of that?

kprice3

Well I’d much rather her not be around her abusive and mentally unstable father so unless he petitions to fight for her then yes, I don’t want her around him. Not every dad is perfect no I’m not going to tell her that my husband is her dad because he isn’t, but unless I HAVE to have her real father involved I’d much prefer him not be around. I’m all for dads that are actually good people having their kids he’s not a good person.

Eekamouse

Well I’d much rather her not be around her abusive and mentally unstable father so unless he petitions to fight for her then yes, I don’t want her around him. Not every dad is perfect no I’m not going to tell her that my husband is her dad because he isn’t, but unless I HAVE to have her real father involved I’d much prefer him not be around. I’m all for dads that are actually good people having their kids he’s not a good person.
Well, he was good enough for you to have sexual intercourse with so that's not saying much about you being a good person either, is it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">