• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no recall notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband was driving my car w/ the AC on, when the blower motor stopped. He turned it off thinking it was just a fuse. Next thing he knew the car was on fire. It was a 1998 Mercury Mystique, and there is nothing left to it. Curious as to why my newer car would just start on fire, I called the Ford Company. We found the problem... There was a recall to the blower motor for the AC, but instead of notifying me, Ford sent the papers to the previous owners of the car. Not just an oversight because I have received other notices of recall since I have owned it?? Next Step?? Also, husband was burned minorly, but still injured!!

[This message has been edited by twoanimalst (edited August 25, 2000).]



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

The important piece of information here is you have received recall notices from them before. This means they had "NOTICE" of your whereabouts and the current owners of the vehicle.

Please go to the freeadvice.com homepage and under personal injury check out products liability. This is what your husband's injuries fall under. Normally, if there is just a defective product, like the AC blower, you are entitled to replacement. But because this totalled your vehicle, you are entitled to a new vehicle AND to compensation for your husband's medical bills and pain and suffering he has felt and is feeling.

Please DO NOT Attempt to contact the company yourself, to seek the entitled compensation. Try attorneypages.com and seek an attorney in your state experienced with products liability. Or if no luck there, try calling your state bar association and asking them for a lawyer referral.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential