• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no rental agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nyer1213

I have worked(as a plumber) for a hi-riser since February 2000 in Camden, New Jersey, and I also had a rent-free apartment in said hi-riser. The landlord laid me off in November and he wants me out NOW. Also, the landlord verbally agreed that the first 30 days were rent free and then I would have to start paying rent. He called me a few days ago for a plumbing emergency. He said name the price, which I did. After I completed the job, he threatened to have me evicted. I told the landlord I am willing to pay rent. What are my rights??

ALawyer

First contact the Housing Authority or Department in Camden. Ask if there is any local ordinance or protection.

If not, then negotiate this out.

Absent an ordinance you are a month to month tenant. The landlord probably feels the price you are charging is too high.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">