• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No response from attorney after 3 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Southpoint

I contacted an attorney on June 8th, 2018 regarding a possible case of medical malpractice. I submitted all of the medical files, notes, etc. to
their office after a quick phone consult. After a few weeks I left messages and emails asking about the status of things and never received any sort
of response. Finally, after three months, and numerous emails and phone calls, I got a call from the attorney. He proceeded to tell me that they had discovered a
"conflict" in their office regarding the doctor in question. Three months? It took three months to discover this...leaving me hanging in the meantime? I'm sure
that this attorney would never have responded at all had I not continually asked for a follow up. I feel this was totally unprofessional and would like to know what
others think...or if you've had a similar experience. Three months wasted waiting for a response that I had to chase down. Is a complaint to the state bar association merited in this case?

quincy

I contacted an attorney on June 8th, 2018 regarding a possible case of medical malpractice. I submitted all of the medical files, notes, etc. to
their office after a quick phone consult. After a few weeks I left messages and emails asking about the status of things and never received any sort
of response. Finally, after three months, and numerous emails and phone calls, I got a call from the attorney. He proceeded to tell me that they had discovered a
"conflict" in their office regarding the doctor in question. Three months? It took three months to discover this...leaving me hanging in the meantime? I'm sure
that this attorney would never have responded at all had I not continually asked for a follow up. I feel this was totally unprofessional and would like to know what
others think...or if you've had a similar experience. Three months wasted waiting for a response that I had to chase down. Is a complaint to the state bar association merited in this case?
Did you retain his services (sign a contract)?

Southpoint

Well of course it's up to me. Let me rephrase this a bit. I've not had any legal dealings that would possibly involve medical malpractice
so I'm curious if this is "normal" to take three months to discover a "doctor conflict" in the firm. We're not talking about a huge firm either.
I can understand an attorney taking a certain amount of time to research the material and decide on the merits....but the fact that my inquiries
after submitting the requested information went totally unanswered is troublesome. To paraphrase the attorney who finally called me back...
We found out there are some people in the office that have a medical relationship with this particular doctor. I can't help but feel that someone just
shelved the information I sent and it didn't see the light of day until I insisted repeatedly on some type of response. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

quincy

Well of course it's up to me. Let me rephrase this a bit. I've not had any legal dealings that would possibly involve medical malpractice
so I'm curious if this is "normal" to take three months to discover a "doctor conflict" in the firm. We're not talking about a huge firm either.
I can understand an attorney taking a certain amount of time to research the material and decide on the merits....but the fact that my inquiries
after submitting the requested information went totally unanswered is troublesome. To paraphrase the attorney who finally called me back...
We found out there are some people in the office that have a medical relationship with this particular doctor. I can't help but feel that someone just
shelved the information I sent and it didn't see the light of day until I insisted repeatedly on some type of response. Any other thoughts? Thanks.
Did you retain the services of the attorney (sign any contract)?

Southpoint

No contract. The information was submitted to the firm with the understanding that'd they'd look it over. 3 months is a helluva
look over. I see no excuse for it, contract or not.

quincy

No contract. The information was submitted to the firm with the understanding that'd they'd look it over. 3 months is a helluva
look over. I see no excuse for it, contract or not.
Ah. Then I am not surprised you did not receive a prompt response.

If you want an attorney to help you, you need to locate one in your area and make an appointment. The initial consultation should be free.

If you like the attorney and want to hire him/her, you will be signing a contract.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">