• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no service/no pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rain not shine

What is the name of your state?NY I had seamless gutters put on my house 2 months ago. I called before a scheduled appt. to cancel and when I returned home 5 hous later there was a crew on my roof installing the gutters. I told the service tech that I wasn't paying for this because I canceled and he told me that I wasn't even on the schedule for the week but he was in the area and it looked like an easy job to "knock off." I contacted the company rep who first quoted the job to let him know of the situation. He said he didn't know what to do. Then the rain came. Not only do I have gutters that I didn't want, they leak over my garage between the sofit and facia and not into the gutters. After several phone calls to the company they sent out somebody unannounced to "check the job". My wife comes home and there was somebody in the driveway saying they fixed the problems and wanted a check and her to sign off on the job as completed. She didn't pay them and signed the form with a notation that she had nothing to do with knowledge of the job and that I had to accept the work as complete. I then made repeated phone calls to the company and even pled my case to the vice presidents personal secretary. She told me to wait by the phone and he would contact me himself within minutes to help rectify the problem. Two and a half months have gone by since then and just today sombody called and wanted to know what I was going to do about this. My question is what is my legal responsibility to pay this debt and is there any recourse I have against them for my dissastisfaction and wasted time and effort?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">