• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No will and I need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katrena west

Junior Member
I can't find my original messages.

My husband has lived in his parents home his entire 40 years of life me and our 2 girls moved in 13 years ago. I took care of his parents 7 years, he had to help for the last 5 years. Mom had 5 kids, dad had 5 kids and together had my husband. House was VA, so in dad's name almost 40 years, he died November, she died May. So the house was in her name almost 6 months. Her oldest daughter went behind our backs became PR, started probate, and is not including dad's 5 kids. She refuses our calls text ext. Won't give me any information about lawyers, probate, nothing. Transfer all there mail to her house, talks horrible about us. Demanding we leave with just cloths on our backs. I'm so confused can she do all this? I have been doing all doctor things, bills, checking accounts, everything?

katrena west

Junior Member
Also all the kids New we where suppose to live here and keep this as a family home. 4 of the 5 girls of moms have been through the house took jewelry, pictures off walls, things out of cupboards everything. We where in so much grief we did not care. We lost our hole lives we only left this house 2 hours on Sunday for church if someone would come stay with them. They begged us not to get paid to care for them they did not want the home lost to the state or sold to pay those kind of bills. We even took care of both cremation and memorials with no help. I don't see how she can do this, but also to not include dad's 5 kids. Is there anything we can do? We have no money, barely made it before they past. Looking for work.


Senior Member
Sorry to hear of your losses. The mother's probate is probably being handled by the court where she resided, maybe the county court. Call the Clerk of Court's office in that County. They can probably point you in the right direction. Once you know where probate is being handled you can ask to read or get a copy of the various files. Also find out when there will be court dates. You may request that the PR be removed with a court filing. It's likely that there are brochures describing the probate process though I doubt that removing the PR will be covered in those brochures. If there is a will then you can get a copy
With an estate divided among 11 children, it may be naive to think that the house is yours. Still, good luck

Dandy Don

Senior Member
You will also want to consult with a probate attorney so he/she can assist you with any necessary filings that are needed. It was wrong and illegal of PR to leave off the names of other legal heirs on forms she filed.


Senior Member
Dandy Don, this thread is from August 2015. It might have been revived by spam? At any rate, I am not sure that katrena west is looking for additional advice at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential