• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise citation in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbd6407

What is the best way to get a noise violation citation expunged ? I am in Fairfax county, Va, and the ticket is not pre-payable (section 108-5-1). I got the Virginia Court Summons having a small party in my apartment and few friends were talking 'loudly' in the balcony of my 2nd floor apartment. It would lead to a misdemeanor on my record if the judge finds me guilty. This is my first ticket/violation of any kind on me, except for an expired car registration ticket 2 years ago. Should I hire a lawyer to get it removed from my record & will that be better than going on my own ? Also, what would be the maximum fine etc resulting from this conviction ? I really want to have a clear record so having this removed from my record is top priority in my mind. If I go to the courtroom without a lawyer, what would be the best thing to say ? Should I plead guilty and apologize and talk of my clean record and willingness to do community service etc ? Also i am moving to Texas end of this month and my court date is in Feb 09, will that affect anything ? I do obviously plan to fly in on the court date to Viginia. Thanks !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">