• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non-compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

terp

I work for a company that has a non-compete clause in the employment contract.My company has a client contracted until June. That same client has offered me a job starting in Aug. My company's non-complete clause states that the clause is in effect from the date of hire until 12 months after termination. Is the non-complete clause binding in Ga., and would I still be competing if the client did not renew the contract with my company.

E

Ex HR Guy

Spend a $100 or so and ask an employment lawyer in GA to look at the contract and understand the facts and tell you. My guess is that you would not be competing as an employebut there's more here than meets the eye.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">