• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fladad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida I am an independant contractor working for a laundry delivery and pick up service. Have worked for 3 years for same company. New owners want me to sign a non compete clause what should I be aware of. For all I know, they could say see ya later after I show them the ropes and then I can't work in the same field for 5 years according to their clause. I would like something from them in return for my signing like a contract or something. Is this legal? Agreement is not notarized just signatures. Thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida I am an independant contractor working for a laundry delivery and pick up service. Have worked for 3 years for same company. New owners want me to sign a non compete clause what should I be aware of. For all I know, they could say see ya later after I show them the ropes and then I can't work in the same field for 5 years according to their clause. I would like something from them in return for my signing like a contract or something. Is this legal? Agreement is not notarized just signatures. Thanks for any suggestions and advice.
You are free to negotiate. They are free to terminate your business relationship if they so desire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">