• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non licensee Insurance Terms of Service & Legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tents

What is the name of your state?
Wyoming

I run a website that makes money from insurance referalls as a non licensee to a licensed agency/broker. I take the maximum amount I can for each state and charge the insurance agency/broker. I noticed that most licensed online insurance brokers do not have a terms of service. I assume its because they don't want to have a binding legal contract with each user. I'm now contemplating scraping my terms of service, how can I supplement the terms of service for other legal protection in my website against being sued in the future.

Just Blue

Wyoming

I run a website that makes money from insurance referalls as a non licensee to a licensed agency/broker. I take the maximum amount I can for each state and charge the insurance agency/broker. I noticed that most licensed online insurance brokers do not have a terms of service. I assume its because they don't want to have a binding legal contract with each user. I'm now contemplating scraping my terms of service, how can I supplement the terms of service for other legal protection in my website against being sued in the future.
Consult with an Attorney.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Wyoming

I run a website that makes money from insurance referalls as a non licensee to a licensed agency/broker. I take the maximum amount I can for each state and charge the insurance agency/broker. I noticed that most licensed online insurance brokers do not have a terms of service. I assume its because they don't want to have a binding legal contract with each user.
Simply not including a TOS does not prevent assertion of contract claims. So whatever the reason they do not use a TOS, this reason is not likely it. Rather, it may be that the applicable state insurance rules require that the insurance brokers do somethinge else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">