• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-married Seperation Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My boyfriend & I recently separated after the death of my son. We had been together 4yrs, lived together for 2. He couldn't handle the grief and quite literally threw me out 2 weeks before christmas. We share two car notes, insurance, various accts and so on. When we bought the cars, we agreed that he would pay a portion of my note plus insurance since my SSDI is small. When he kicked me out, he cut off all communication. What forms/docs can I draw up with our original agreement so I can keep my car?

quincy

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son.

What is the name of your state, Obsolete4now?

Thank you. I'm from Oklahoma and am back there now. But we lived together in Georgia. Its still my legal residence actually.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am sorry for the loss of your child.

Any documents that you "draw up" won't mean anything without his agreement. If you wish to keep your car (as opposed to it being repossessed), then you should make the payments on the car.

You may have missed understood me. I am fully aware but he needs to sign the agreement. I have asked what forms can I use to do so. All the forms I have found are for married or people that are about to move in with each other. This is a simple agreement between the two of us.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You may have missed understood me. I am fully aware but he needs to sign the agreement. I have asked what forms can I use to do so. All the forms I have found are for married or people that are about to move in with each other. This is a simple agreement between the two of us.
Actually he doesn't need to or have to sign an agreement. he owes you nothing legally. What consideration is he getting to sign the agreement?

Is there or is there not a form i can draw up with our original agreement for him to sign if he chooses? And if so what form might that be

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Again, in order for this "agreement" to be supported or upheld by a court, WHAT CONSIDERATION IS HE GETTING FOR AGREEING TO PAY PART OF YOUR CAR NOTE?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">