• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non payment of debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JennyT2361

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My husband sold a race car to someone. When he delivered it, the guy didn't have all the money so my husband gave him the car and made him sign a receipt that showed the full amount of the purchase and that $150 was still owing. Of course, he never paid it. Then, last week, my husband accepted a check from this person for this balance. What options does he have if this check bounces? My husband still has the title, but the car was delivered to this guy's mother's home. If he only plans on racing the car, the title isn't needed. Can he take back the car? If so, does he need to repay what money has already been paid on it?

BL

The guy signed an IOU . The car is his , if the check is no good , you sue him .

Is this a Test ?

Hilarious , you want to know if the car can be taken back and keep the money too ..

JennyT2361

I've never used these forums before because I never believed the people using them were worth a crap. I don't appreciate your remarks and as far as I'm concerned, you just proved me right. Where do you get off talking to anyone like they were an idoit. If I knew all the answers, I wouldn't have to subject myself to smart mouthed arrogant know it alls like yourself. You don't have to worry. You won't ever see me on this forum again. In the future, I suggest you keep this kind of sarcasm to yourself. Know one is here to listen to it.

BL

JennyT2361 said:
I've never used these forums before because I never believed the people using them were worth a crap. I don't appreciate your remarks and as far as I'm concerned, you just proved me right. Where do you get off talking to anyone like they were an idoit. If I knew all the answers, I wouldn't have to subject myself to smart mouthed arrogant know it alls like yourself. You don't have to worry. You won't ever see me on this forum again. In the future, I suggest you keep this kind of sarcasm to yourself. Know one is here to listen to it.
I'm not the one that wants the cake and eat it too.

You hadn't even tried to cash the check to see if there were funds in the account to cover it first , before posting .

There are a lot of Questions ask on here , that have the " tone " of an exam or test .

Let me ask you , If this were a Yes Or No question test you needed to pass, Could you take back the car and keep the Payments the Buyer has made already ?

What would your answer be ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">