• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non payment of health ins. premiums by employeer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xminbr

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Hello all,
I see other threads on this board that cover the situation that i find myself in. But, none are a complete answer to the question asked.

The company that I work for has not paid the group health insurance bill in 2 months (March). A cashflow situation. Cancellation of the plan is right around the corner.

I understand that they are not obligated to offer the insurance. They have been withholding my portion from my paycheck. IF they get it current then there is no problem with the withholding from my check as the service was provided.

The question that is not answered is:
Does the company owe me the backwitholding from my check if the cancellation is retroactive BACK to March?

Thanks,

Beth3

Does the company owe me the backwitholding from my check if the cancellation is retroactive BACK to March? Absolutely and unequivocably, yes.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
One caveat. If the cancellation of the insurance is permanent, then yes, without question you should receive the premium payments back.

If, however, as happens about 65% of the time in my experience, the premiums are subsequently paid and coverage reinstated, then no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">