• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non refundable cap money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annataz04

:confused: What is the name of your state?Illinois Recently i was to purchase a home in new constructionbut had to cancel the contract due to losing my job. I also had sent Wells Fargo a cap lock fee of 1800.00 for a 6 mo. lock. this was in january. Since i have cancelled the home i am also canceling the mortgage and am reqursting my 1800.00 back but the mtg. co. says this may not be refundable. I can see an application fee but how can they keep my money if no real service has been performed. The cap fee was to be refunded to me at closing then paid back to them at closing as a cap fee can anyone help?

HomeGuru

annataz04 said:
:confused: What is the name of your state?Illinois Recently i was to purchase a home in new constructionbut had to cancel the contract due to losing my job. I also had sent Wells Fargo a cap lock fee of 1800.00 for a 6 mo. lock. this was in january. Since i have cancelled the home i am also canceling the mortgage and am reqursting my 1800.00 back but the mtg. co. says this may not be refundable. I can see an application fee but how can they keep my money if no real service has been performed. The cap fee was to be refunded to me at closing then paid back to them at closing as a cap fee can anyone help?

**A: we can't help since we can not review your contract. Read your contract or post the pertinent info.

annataz04

responding

HomeGuru said:
**A: we can't help since we can not review your contract. Read your contract or post the pertinent info.
we have no contract we only sent them a check for a cap lock at this time they are not giving us a service because we arent buying a home

HomeGuru

annataz04 said:
we have no contract we only sent them a check for a cap lock at this time they are not giving us a service because we arent buying a home

**A: so are you telling us that you signed nothing as in no papers with the mortgage broker or Wells Fargo? You are fibbing.

annataz04

HomeGuru said:
**A: so are you telling us that you signed nothing as in no papers with the mortgage broker or Wells Fargo? You are fibbing.
never signed a thing with mtg or wells have all the papers but nothing has been signed to date. no lie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">