• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non-statutary stock options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? TX

In box 12c, I have a certain amount listed with code V. And this amount is supposed to be included in Box 1 (wages, tips ..) and Box 5 (Medicare wages..). This amount is also reported in 1099.

How do I mention this information in Schedule-D so we do not account for this amount twice? or do we need to include this in schedule-D.? if not which form should I fill?

This is regarding 2003 tax return.


Senior Member
The amount in box 12 with code V is added to the price paid for the stock to determine the stock basis.

You then take the total and put that on Schedule D as "basis" or "cost", so essentially it will zero out or have a small loss.

You must report this on schedule D, or you WILL hear from the IRS, asking you to report it properly.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential