• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-US (Canada) But Maybe Anyone Can Share The Knowledge/Experience

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allie N

What is the name of your state? It all happened in Canada, but I hope for your advice and recommendation.

Good afternoon

Could anyone please hint me how does the system of selling a right to seek the recovery of damages through the court work: in particular, how to evaluate the potential of the case and how to ultimately sell it, and advice firms that specialize in this field.

The essence of the matter: my name got involuntarily involved into illegal schemes of high-ranking officials, me being completely strange and irrelevant to these schemes. Accidentally I got to know about this, tried to fix the situation, which led only to worsening my position.

Thank you

Allie N

PayrollHRGuy, Zigner
Thank you. I should have tried.
Canada does not have as big a market for legal services, and their legal forums are not so widely represented.
The other reason to write here was that I consider acting in any out-of-Canada court, which issues decisions that can be recognized in Canada

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
As I mentioned in another forum you posted this on, the US doesn't have the sort of system that you described.

Just Blue

PayrollHRGuy, Zigner
Thank you. I should have tried.
Canada does not have as big a market for legal services, and their legal forums are not so widely represented.
The other reason to write here was that I consider acting in any out-of-Canada court, which issues decisions that can be recognized in Canada
Why do you think that you would have the right to bring action in a non-Canadian court for a Canadian issue?

Allie N

Why do you think that you would have the right to bring action in a non-Canadian court for a Canadian issue?
First, part of this case is related to my FBI-issued documents being stolen, and subsequently FBI completely ignoring my complaint.
Second, some other episodes seem to display signs of being similar to those that are considered by international tribunals.
Third, Associate Chief Justice of the Federal Court of Canada is involved into the issue, which makes it extremely difficult to ensure objective fair process from within Canada.

Just Blue

First, part of this case is related to my FBI-issued documents being stolen, and subsequently FBI completely ignoring my complaint.
Second, some other episodes seem to display signs of being similar to those that are considered by international tribunals.
Third, Associate Chief Justice of the Federal Court of Canada is involved into the issue, which makes it extremely difficult to ensure objective fair process from within Canada.
Canada has jurisdiction.

PayrollHRGuy

What FBI issued documents?
What possible international tribunals? Very few deal with individuals.
Canada is not some banana republic. Their legal system is perfectly capable of dealing with official misconduct.

Allie N

What FBI issued documents?
What possible international tribunals? Very few deal with individuals.
Canada is not some banana republic. Their legal system is perfectly capable of dealing with official misconduct.
I was under impression that you told that you’re not proficient in Canadian legislature. “Canada is not some banana republic” is a nice motto, but the reality proves different.

quincy

I was under impression that you told that you’re not proficient in Canadian legislature. “Canada is not some banana republic” is a nice motto, but the reality proves different.
You will need to seek out assistance in Canada.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">