• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not a abused wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenesia

What is the name of your state?SC
First I want to start off by saying that I am not an abused spouse. I have been in a abusive relationship in the past, and even though I was pregnant with his child when he got abusive I left and I never looked back or regreted it. Now I am married and I will amit my husband has an alchol problem. A few weeks ago I had a few frinends come down from my hometown to visit and they stayed with us, my best friend who my husband has never really liked and her boyfriend and his friend, my husband never really wanted them here but nerver really said anything. One night he had a few too many to drink and started getting rude with me and the others, from there I decided to go my way with my friends and him to go his way with his. When I arrived home that night I found my husband passed out on the bathroom floor. While in the process of waking him up and tryint to put him in bed he got really mad. He started yelling, I couldnt make any sence of anything he said, but I noticed he was heading for the door and I didnt want him getting in the car and hurting himself or someone innocent, so I blocked the doorway, he pushed me to the side trying to get out at that point my friend got in between us and told us that we dont need to be fighting my husband then swung at him, at that time the other friend got on the phone and called the cops when the cops got there my husband proceeded to fight with them screaming who are these people who are breaking in my house? Anyway the only thing he was charged with is criminal domestic violence for pushing me. In SC you dont have to press charges if someone else feels you are in danger. But I dont feel threatend at all..I know he was drunk and he didnt know what he was doing. He has never lifted a hand to me before and he is a completly diffirent person when he is sober. I just feel he has a alchol prombem. Anyway a no contact order was issued and we can't speak untill the court date at the end of august. We have an attorney who says he can probally get this all droped before the court date..do you think this is possible? If he is convicted what is the punishment for this? and will it help if I tell the court that I dont feel threatened by him or will I just look like a abused wife taking up for him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">