• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not an abuser just have a bad habit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hatttrick

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?Fl
Long story short my wife took my keys after i got home from work and I took them out of her pocket without her consent. She wants charges dropped and wants me to get help with my addiction which I am. The state has an injunction for no contact and my 2nd court date is 9/26 . Is she allowed to be there even though theres an injunction? What can I do to get these charges dropped so its not hanging over my head for rest of life.? Any advice would be appreciated.Thank you.So we got home and she took keys out of ignition. Right before she did i said to myself shes about to take keys. Sure enough. As soon as she did i was upset and demanded the keys . We are outside at this time and i assume neighbors call cops because they here us yelling. She goes inside and i follow her. I follow her to several different rooms demanding keys. She gets annoyed from me following her so finally she grabs ahold of me to push me out but doesn't let go and starts attempting to rip mg shirt off like she has before. Anyway i never get physical im just the type to say things to anger her because im mad. so to get her off me i take both hands anf make fist and pound her arms until she lets go. at the time she was yanking so when she let go she fell back and down . Thats when im like ok this is getting out of hand and i leave room and go to our bedroom . next she comes in yelling and pointing and i get to wanting to leave again just to get away. So she goes into our bathroom and sits on floor where shes continuing to say this and that and finally i go in bathroom ask for keys again and she refuses so I attemt to reach in her pocket where she doesnt want me to go. Im just going dor keys and trying to use one hand to keep her from wailing on me o side of head and use the other hand to get into her pocket and get key and leave. Now in police report my statement said nothing about her being physical with me because all i was worried about was both of us goinv to jail because we had our kids there so I pretty much left out the just of it and said o went into her pocket and got keys. State picked it up because she didnt want to press charges and DCF got involved due to kids being there while we were arguing. I know this is all on me because of my drug issue.im not and angry , negative person and have never been in trouble like this before . And i assumed since there was no punching or hitting or kicking and i had no intentions on hurting her , that it wasnt considered domestic violence but I was way wrong. Im currently seeking help for addiction and i just dont want this following me around forever

Last edited:

Just Blue

Long story short my wife took my keys after i got home from work and I took them out of her pocket without her consent. She wants charges dropped and wants me to get help with my addiction which I am. The state has an injunction for no contact and my 2nd court date is 9/26 . Is she allowed to be there even though theres an injunction? What can I do to get these charges dropped so its not hanging over my head for rest of life.? Any advice would be appreciated.Thank you.
Please explain how you were arrested for taking your keys. Your long story told short is way too short. Clarify what happened.

quincy

Your wife can be in court at your hearing.

What kind of force did you use when taking the keys out of your wife's pocket? Was your wife injured?

LdiJ

Long story short my wife took my keys after i got home from work and I took them out of her pocket without her consent. She wants charges dropped and wants me to get help with my addiction which I am. The state has an injunction for no contact and my 2nd court date is 9/26 . Is she allowed to be there even though theres an injunction? What can I do to get these charges dropped so its not hanging over my head for rest of life.? Any advice would be appreciated.Thank you.
If no contact between you and your wife is ordered, and you are having contact with her that can really hurt you...seriously hurt you.

quincy

You say you "never get physical" but you also say you "made a fist" and pounded your wife's arms and your wife fell down.

That sounds pretty "physical" to me.

Do not violate the terms of the no contact order. Do not contact your wife and, if your wife tries to contact you, do not respond.

You (and possibly your wife) could be ordered by the court to attend anger management classes and, if drugs or alcohol played a role in the incident, you could be ordered to take drug/alcohol classes. Domestic violence charges generally become a part of an offender's permanent criminal record.

You NEED to get an attorney to help you defend against the domestic violence charge. I do not recommend you try to handle this on your own. You seem to be discounting or making excuses for your actions - and that is a problem.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I just added to question.....Thank you
I think your question is stupid.

You are not supposed to be having contact with your wife. This includes communicating with each other, which you are clearly doing. How else would you know that she allegedly wants the charges dropped?

Stop communicating with your wife while there is a no contact order. Block her on social media to stave off temptation. Focus on your drug problem and stop discussing any further details about your altercation with anyone but YOUR lawyer or therapist/counsellor with whom you have a confidentially agreement.

Hatttrick

Yeah I can understand how you think that. I was using necessary force to get her off of me and prevent her from ripping my shirt off. I still was t intending on hurting her but just getting her to let go.

Hatttrick

I think your question is stupid.

You are not supposed to be having contact with your wife. This includes communicating with each other, which you are clearly doing. How else would you know that she allegedly wants the charges dropped?

Stop communicating with your wife while there is a no contact order. Block her on social media to stave off temptation. Focus on your drug problem and stop discussing any further details about your altercation with anyone but YOUR lawyer or therapist/counsellor with whom you have a confidentially agreement.
Well thats your opinion and maybe it is but i never said once that ive spoken with her. Not by text , social media or in person. We have been together 12 years and have 4 kids that my mom picks up and brings to me to hangout. which is something difficult in its self because ive never been away from my kids their entire life . Anyway theres a lot of talk between my mom and sisters and my wife ,Even before this aggrevation all they do is get together and talk about who kbows what. So anything they discuss gets back to me. So yeah my apologies for the dumb question you misinterpreted.

Hatttrick

You say you "never get physical" but you also say you "made a fist" and pounded your wife's arms and your wife fell down.

That sounds pretty "physical" to me.

Do not violate the terms of the no contact order. Do not contact your wife and, if your wife tries to contact you, do not respond.

You (and possibly your wife) could be ordered by the court to attend anger management classes and, if drugs or alcohol played a role in the incident, you could be ordered to take drug/alcohol classes. Domestic violence charges generally become a part of an offender's permanent criminal record.

You NEED to get an attorney to help you defend against the domestic violence charge. I do not recommend you try to handle this on your own. You seem to be discounting or making excuses for your actions - and that is a problem.
Again she had ahold of my shirt yanking me back and forth with the intent on trying to rip it off. So during that i more or less karate chopped her forearms until she let go. When she let go she was still in process of pulling on my shirt so therefore when her hands became free she fell back.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are asking what action your wife (or you) can take that will guarantee that all charges will be dropped and there will be no record, the answer is none. There is no action either of you can take that will accomplish that result. The state is quite accustomed to victims of domestic violence requesting the charges against their abuser be dropped and her (or your) request is not binding on the state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">