• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not married, what are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bharbin

What is the name of your state? MI
I met my boyfriend 5 years ago. He bought a house one year later, which we both moved into. My name is not on the house. We got engaged in 2002...never got married, but had two children together. We are in the process of breaking up and he wants me to leave. Do I have any legal rights to the home we renovated and live in together?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bharbin said:
What is the name of your state? MI
I met my boyfriend 5 years ago. He bought a house one year later, which we both moved into. My name is not on the house. We got engaged in 2002...never got married, but had two children together. We are in the process of breaking up and he wants me to leave. Do I have any legal rights to the home we renovated and live in together?

My response:

Unless you're able to prove a Breach of Contract, i.e., plead a Palimony cause of action, then you're not entitled to a dime.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">