• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not ready to sell but would like offers for my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alikair

That could be dangerous and subject the seller to paying the commission whether he sells or not, depending on how s--tty the realtor wants to be.

OP doesn't give a state so, out of curiosity I looked up the standard listing agreement provided by the AZ Assoc of Realtors as an example. It contains the following provision:

I'm guessing that other states' listing agreement protect the realtor in a similar fashion.
If I got an offer that I liked I would hand them the keys and walk out the door that day...

adjusterjack

I am wondering, is the term "as is" mean something more in the real estate world then the way I intended?
"As is" sends a negative message to a buyer. You want to extol the virtues of the house: new roof, size, adjacent to million dollar properties, etc. Might be worth hiring at least a cleaning company and maybe a yard man to pretty things up.

The appliances don't matter much. Many will buy new ones anyway and the installers haul away the old ones.

Dumping your house on the market for half what the neighborhood is going for is an act of desperation and a bad move. All you will get is investors and flippers and people who will offer you less, or buying it instantly leaving you to wonder just how much money you left out there.

If you want to move now, sell it now. Don't play the maybe game. The real estate market doesn't forget. Get a realtor to give you a realistic market analysis of your house based on its condition then make damned sure you want to sell it. If you back out of a listing contract after you sign it you could very well face a costly lawsuit.

Alikair

"As is" sends a negative message to a buyer. You want to extol the virtues of the house: new roof, size, adjacent to million dollar properties, etc. Might be worth hiring at least a cleaning company and maybe a yard man to pretty things up.

The appliances don't matter much. Many will buy new ones anyway and the installers haul away the old ones.

Dumping your house on the market for half what the neighborhood is going for is an act of desperation and a bad move. All you will get is investors and flippers and people who will offer you less, or buying it instantly leaving you to wonder just how much money you left out there.

If you want to move now, sell it now. Don't play the maybe game. The real estate market doesn't forget. Get a realtor to give you a realistic market analysis of your house based on its condition then make damned sure you want to sell it. If you back out of a listing contract after you sign it you could very well face a costly lawsuit.
Sound advice, thank you. By chance, would you know if a service to get a home ready to sell has a trade name so I can search for one near me?
What I mean by this is, I dont think a search for house cleaner would cover the full aspect of getting a house rdy for sale.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That could be dangerous and subject the seller to paying the commission whether he sells or not, depending on how s--tty the realtor wants to be.

OP doesn't give a state so, out of curiosity I looked up the standard listing agreement provided by the AZ Assoc of Realtors as an example. It contains the following provision:

I'm guessing that other states' listing agreement protect the realtor in a similar fashion.
Oh, we kept it on the market. But I didn't make an effort at keeping the "as is" .... etc. And my realtor was very understanding. He knows I will contact him when it's time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">