• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if it would be legal or illegal (regarding "friend discount coupons")

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

On a website, if i were to get a huge amount of free website credit by putting my "friend discount coupons" into coupon websites therefore obtaining a huge amount of easy free website-money, would that be illegal? I love how easy and free that would be but a friend of mine says that would probably count as gambling. The website says nothing against doing that with those friend coupons. Would that actually count as breaking the law?

quincy

On a website, if i were to get a huge amount of free website credit by putting my "friend discount coupons" into coupon websites therefore obtaining a huge amount of easy free website-money, would that be illegal? I love how easy and free that would be but a friend of mine says that would probably count as gambling. The website says nothing against doing that with those friend coupons. Would that actually count as breaking the law?
What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

I was going to question "free website credit." :)

I think what 500digitpassword is considering might be coupon fraud.
And on top of that, most businesses are going to have some form of verification of friend's discounts to avoid coupon fraud.

quincy

@quincy my country is canada and my province is nova scotia
Thanks for providing the name of your country, 500digitpassword.

FreeAdvice focuses on U.S. law questions and U.S. legal concerns. Although Canada and the U.S. share a border, we do not share the same laws. :)

You will want to discuss the legality of your "money-making" coupon plan with a legal professional in Nova Scotia. I suspect it is coupon fraud but you can review the particulars with a Canadian lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">