• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if this is the right place for this question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stimpy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia. My father's ex-wife has taken out several warrants against him. They are baseless and have gotten thrown out, but each time it costs my father lawyer fees that he can't afford. It is harassment on several levels in my opinion and we want her to stop. My father is 70 years old and not in great health. I would like for him to enjoy his remaining years without this emotional and financial stress. What are our options to get her to leave him alone? Thank you.

single317dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia. My father's ex-wife has taken out several warrants against him. They are baseless and have gotten thrown out, but each time it costs my father lawyer fees that he can't afford. It is harassment on several levels in my opinion and we want her to stop. My father is 70 years old and not in great health. I would like for him to enjoy his remaining years without this emotional and financial stress. What are our options to get her to leave him alone? Thank you.
What do you mean by "has taken out several warrants against him"? Is she contacting the police with false accusations which cause him to be arrested?

Stimpy

What do you mean by "has taken out several warrants against him"? Is she contacting the police with false accusations which cause him to be arrested?
Not sure what you call it....she files a complaint at the courthouse and he gets a note to appear before a magistrate.

LdiJ

Not sure what you call it....she files a complaint at the courthouse and he gets a note to appear before a magistrate.
What are these complaints about? You are asking us to answer questions without giving enough information to know what we are being asked about.

single317dad

I've got my dental pliers right here!

Seems the ex-wife has been filing lawsuit after lawsuit against Dad, who then is troubled to retain counsel for each suit, which then is typically dismissed (or adjudicated in favor of the defendant).

Without further details, it would be impossible to know whether there is any way to prevent future lawsuits, but a good answer to start with would be "probably not".

Of course, the best person to ask this question would be defendant's attorney, who has the most information on his cases and is in a knowledgeable position to craft a response.

Bali Hai

I've got my dental pliers right here!

Seems the ex-wife has been filing lawsuit after lawsuit against Dad, who then is troubled to retain counsel for each suit, which then is typically dismissed (or adjudicated in favor of the defendant).

Without further details, it would be impossible to know whether there is any way to prevent future lawsuits, but a good answer to start with would be "probably not".

Of course, the best person to ask this question would be defendant's attorney, who has the most information on his cases and is in a knowledgeable position to craft a response.
OMG..that is just too graphic..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">