• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure my first step

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PIXALINA007

So here it goes. A little about my case... I am a fairly newly divorced women and mother of 2 boys. My ex husband of 13 years is newly remarried wants top and out of our boys school district, as well as get full custody and move my boys into his new wife's home 52 miles from the marital home which I reside in. My ex is very manipulative person and has been tried to control me most of our marriage. I went to rehab in the fall to get off klonopin a benzodiazepine safely. I finished the detox and went to a intensive outpatient program three days a week for approx. 2 weeks. I get my boys every Wednesday night and every other Friday Sat and Sunday night. I have to do a random alcohol screening 2 times a month a pay a fee of $26 that is getting to expensive and hard to a huge pain in the butt. I have been doing this since April. I did admit to drinking in June. So if all my test came back clean I was to get overnights on Thursdays making it 50/50 custody. I have never drank in front of my children and stay away from alcohol. My ex and his new wife are trying to coach my children into spying on me and my oldest who is 11 is acting out. I cant have a good talk with him because he clams up thinking if he says anything for fear of getting in trouble with his new wife. His new wife makes notes out and sticks them in their backpack signed mom. My youngest said he thought they were from me. Both boys are very ADHD and have been placed in IOP's in their schools. They have many friends and do not want to switch to another school district. I owe my lawyer over 12,000 representing me this year and he did not fight for me or my boys. He kept telling me to agree or I would loose my kids all together. I am very confused as I have never been in trouble for drinking and don't even have a traffic ticket. I don't know my first step in representing myself at the upcoming jury trial. I have witnesses at his aggressive behavior but don't know what I am supposed to do to get them at the trial or is it just a jury listening to my ex and I while the judge talks? any advise would be very helpful

HRZ

Unfortunately going into combat by yourself has about the same odds as taking a rubber knife to a gunfight .

IF you do not believe your attorney is fighting for your best interests...you need to have a serious talk with him about that. IF your bill is big time in the red he may not have much zing in his steps ...and while it might help to get new counsel...any new counsel is going to be very worried about your ability to pay . WHy does your attorney suggest not fighting...what else is in the story?

No clue why changing school districts is in children's best interests ..and odds are they get a very similar IEP in other district ....but you might consider good answers to the concern...beyond having friends at current school

Are you employed and doing your share of meeting your chidrens economic needs?

Just Blue

So here it goes. A little about my case... I am a fairly newly divorced women and mother of 2 boys. My ex husband of 13 years is newly remarried wants top and out of our boys school district, as well as get full custody and move my boys into his new wife's home 52 miles from the marital home which I reside in. My ex is very manipulative person and has been tried to control me most of our marriage. I went to rehab in the fall to get off klonopin a benzodiazepine safely. I finished the detox and went to a intensive outpatient program three days a week for approx. 2 weeks. I get my boys every Wednesday night and every other Friday Sat and Sunday night. I have to do a random alcohol screening 2 times a month a pay a fee of $26 that is getting to expensive and hard to a huge pain in the butt. I have been doing this since April. I did admit to drinking in June. So if all my test came back clean I was to get overnights on Thursdays making it 50/50 custody. I have never drank in front of my children and stay away from alcohol. My ex and his new wife are trying to coach my children into spying on me and my oldest who is 11 is acting out. I cant have a good talk with him because he clams up thinking if he says anything for fear of getting in trouble with his new wife. His new wife makes notes out and sticks them in their backpack signed mom. My youngest said he thought they were from me. Both boys are very ADHD and have been placed in IOP's in their schools. They have many friends and do not want to switch to another school district. I owe my lawyer over 12,000 representing me this year and he did not fight for me or my boys. He kept telling me to agree or I would loose my kids all together. I am very confused as I have never been in trouble for drinking and don't even have a traffic ticket. I don't know my first step in representing myself at the upcoming jury trial. I have witnesses at his aggressive behavior but don't know what I am supposed to do to get them at the trial or is it just a jury listening to my ex and I while the judge talks? any advise would be very helpful
What U.S. State is the court order in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">