• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure which is true or what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? kentucky

me and my ex just started talking again ( my son's dad ) and we agreed that we were gonna leave things as is. he would still come get him for visitations and i still get the money to put back for our son. his mom told me that it was illegal to keep reciving child support if we do cotinue to talk... i was under the impression that only if we got married that we would have to go through the prosses of changing all of this. she's wanting me to stop chil support and him to open an account under his name to put money in... for our son.. i have no job as well as no trasnportation to get back and forth to one. i don'tknow how to go about this..

Zephyr

THAT WOMAN IS OFF HER ROCKER!

do not listen to her, child support is intended to pay for the child's monthly bills, heat food water, etc. there is nothing that says just because you guys talk means he doesn't have to pay.

MandyD

Boy, this is a new one.

Remind her that it's in the child's best interest for his/her parents to be on speaking terms and that in no way means you don't get child support. WANNA is right, she's off her rocker.

what if we get back together? we want to leave things as is but shes pressuring him to get me to stop the chil support but not the visitations... we can leave it the way it is right? unless we get married is what i have heard... :confused:

justme22

Ignore her!

Until there is a court order saying something different, the NCP is still supposed to pay the CP (you in this case) the court ordered child support. Like another poster said, it is to be used for support of the child. Your ex mother in law knows not what she is talking about.

what about tax returns do i have to let him claim our son we would get more money and i would be able to get the things i need for him but i' not exactly sure he will use that money he would get back claiming him .... if he would acually use it for him.... is there a way i can make sure that we get what we need for our son and the rest be put in his account... instead of his dad paying off his dets w/ it?

Zephyr

does your court order state who should claim the child? if not and you want to be fair to both of you, you could do the "buy out method" then you both get money.

Zephyr

VeronicaGia said:
If you and he live together, he will have a case to modify support to zero.

he would have a case certainly, but he would have to file for it, and if she gets any type of assistance he will still have to pay.

VeronicaGia

WANNACRY said:
he would have a case certainly, but he would have to file for it, and if she gets any type of assistance he will still have to pay.
If they live together and he proves it, the state will cut her assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">