• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Good evening I’m currently in DC due to leg surgery last Wednesday. I moved from MD back to PA, but my PCP & surgeon are in D.C. & MD. I have a close friend who drives me back & forth to my appointments & I practically live with her. I’d like her to get a handicap tag/placard, but not sure how to do this. Her car is registered in PA & DL is PA also.
Can I get my surgeon who doesn’t practice in PA to fill the PA form for her? Do we need to get a PA Dr to fill the form which I have no Dr, but I think she may see 1?
I’m confused as to how I can do this.
Thx in advance

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Good evening I’m currently in DC due to leg surgery last Wednesday. I moved from MD back to PA, but my PCP & surgeon are in D.C. & MD. I have a close friend who drives me back & forth to my appointments & I practically live with her. I’d like her to get a handicap tag/placard, but not sure how to do this. Her car is registered in PA & DL is PA also.
Can I get my surgeon who doesn’t practice in PA to fill the PA form for her? Do we need to get a PA Dr to fill the form which I have no Dr, but I think she may see 1?
I’m confused as to how I can do this.
Thx in advance
Get a placard for yourself from your home state. Other states will honor it.

zddoodah

Unless you've omitted relevant facts from your post, your friend has ZERO need for a handicapped placard, and her doctor is not your doctor.

Whether you qualify for one isn't apparent from your post.

Get a placard for yourself from your home state. Other states will honor it.
Agree. This is the way to go (assuming you qualify).

Thank you all for your replies.
I’ve had over 5 surgeries including last Wednesday & I’m not able to walk. I know I qualify, I’ve also applied for SSD & I’m waiting for their decision.
I Thx u for stressing applying for the placard for me not her. This is y I was confused cuz I wasn’t sure who’s doctor should fill the form & in which state, but I’m clear now.
Thx y’all

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">