• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Note on the door. Real or hoax?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Helpp1z

Virginia.

During property’s showing there is a notice on the front door that says: “This home was found vacant. If it is occupied, please, call the number below IMMEDIATELY or locks maybe changed to assess or winterize protect or maintain the property. XXXX asset management solutions. No sales/rental inquiries.
Is this real or hoax?

adjusterjack

It's a legitimate company that is typically hired by mortgage companies to inspect properties.

Call them and make sure they know what is going on.

Also call your mortgage company and see what they have to say about it.

Your mortgage loan contract probably allows the mortgage company to protect its secured interest in the property.

I suggest you communicate by email and insist on confirmation by email. Don't rely on just phone calls.

quincy

Virginia.

During property’s showing there is a notice on the front door that says: “This home was found vacant. If it is occupied, please, call the number below IMMEDIATELY or locks maybe changed to assess or winterize protect or maintain the property. [Deleted] asset management solutions. [phone number deleted] No sales/rental inquiries.
Is this real or hoax?
Is this the house you are in the process of buying? Or the house you sold?

Helpp1z

In a process of buying. It’s a contingent contract. And it’s a cash. I sold mine to buy it. They told me that I can move in and I have to wait for my deed.

zddoodah

Is this real or hoax?
How could anyone here possibly know?

there is a notice on the front door
A notice from whom?

This home was found vacant.
Found by whom?

or winterize protect
In August?

It’s a contingent contract.
Contingent on what?

They told me that I can move in and I have to wait for my deed.
Who are "they"? And you didn't actually give someone cash without getting a deed in return, did you?

quincy

In a process of buying. It’s a contingent contract. And it’s a cash. I sold mine to buy it. They told me that I can move in and I have to wait for my deed.
It would have been helpful if you had included this latest information with your earlier thread:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/backing-up-from-a-contingent-contract-in-va.664297/

You have still not stated upon what the purchase agreement is contingent. Please fill in this missing information. Thanks.

adjusterjack

Did the seller have a mortgage that has to be paid off at closing?

Did you use a title/escrow company? You would get the recorded deed the day the payoff was funded.

Something doesn't smell right.

LdiJ

It sounds like Helpp1z might have purchased a foreclosed home.
I agree. In a foreclosure situation the mortgage company has to be careful about barging in on a resident, and/or disposing of the resident's property. They have to follow fairly cumbersome procedures. So, if the property appears to be abandoned, so they can get started with cleaning it out and maintaining it they want to do so. However they could cause themselves grief by doing it as well. So, they leave that kind of warning so that any resident will inform them that they live there.

I think that Helpp1z is looking for a way out of the purchase agreement without losing his/her earnest money and was hoping that note might give him/her something to work with.

quincy

… I think that Helpp1z is looking for a way out of the purchase agreement without losing his/her earnest money and was hoping that note might give him/her something to work with.
If that is what Helpp1z is hoping, I am afraid he will be sadly disappointed.

Helpp1z

Hello everyone. Thank you for your replies.
I called the conservation company. They only wanted to know my name and couldn’t give me any info on the house. Then I called the escrow company that the realtor used. The escrow company told me that the note is not a big deal and I can remove it.
The seller is the “estate of…”
I don’t know if the seller had a mortgage.
The realtor and her title company made me to sign my deed over to the buyer on July 29th. The proceeds were sent to buy this house with a note. And I was told that I have to wait 30-45 days to receive my new deed.
The most painful thing about this deal was so far that the realtor kicked my son and me out of my old house in three days on July 31st and she made me to write a check to a new owner of $195 for “overstaying” 3 days (rent $65 per night). She told me that every night after that will cost me $100.
Both my son and I are disabled. My son has special needs. This urgent move was too much for my son to handle. He ran away the next day we moved out. Police found him on streets two days later. He didn’t eat anything for two days, found top water somewhere to drink, and lost his shoes.
This realtor also was rude to me for not being quick enough after I signed paperwork hiring her. I have Parkinson’s and she was angry because I had to reschedule the pictures taking appointment. She made me to sign the paperwork saying that if I reschedule one more time I will have to pay her $500. Because of her attitude I had to call 911 and go to ER. It cost me $1500.

It just doesn’t seem right.

quincy

Hello everyone. Thank you for your replies.
I called the conservation company. They only wanted to know my name and couldn’t give me any info on the house. Then I called the escrow company that the realtor used. The escrow company told me that the note is not a big deal and I can remove it.
The seller is the “estate of…”
I don’t know if the seller had a mortgage.
The realtor and her title company made me to sign my deed over to the buyer on July 29th. The proceeds were sent to buy this house with a note. And I was told that I have to wait 30-45 days to receive my new deed.
The most painful thing about this deal was so far that the realtor kicked my son and me out of my old house in three days on July 31st and she made me to write a check to a new owner of $195 for “overstaying” 3 days (rent $65 per night). She told me that every night after that will cost me $100.
Both my son and I are disabled. My son has special needs. This urgent move was too much for my son to handle. He ran away the next day we moved out. Police found him on streets two days later. He didn’t eat anything for two days, found top water somewhere to drink, and lost his shoes.
This realtor also was rude to me for not being quick enough after I signed paperwork hiring her. I have Parkinson’s and she was angry because I had to reschedule the pictures taking appointment. She made me to sign the paperwork saying that if I reschedule one more time I will have to pay her $500. Because of her attitude I had to call 911 and go to ER. It cost me $1500.

It just doesn’t seem right.
When you close on your house sale, the house no longer belongs to you. It belongs to the person you sold it to. It is generally the case that you are out of the house at closing or you pay the new owner’s per day cost to stay longer. The per day cost will typically be far higher than what your own per day cost was when living there, because the new owner typically pays more and you must pay what he must pay on his mortgage.

It would be best to have closings on the same day so you can close on the house you sold and then close on the house you are buying, so you can move directly from one house to another. But it rarely can be arranged that way. Many sellers must “overstay” and pay to do so.

I am sorry you and your son suffered from the move. It sounds like there was a failure to coordinate the moves very well. The realtor, however, cannot be held responsible for your son running away or your ER visit.

quincy

Just got the deed by mail. In the deed I called a grantor. Is this the same thing as owner?
A grantor of a deed is the one who transfers (sells) the property. The grantee is the one to whom the deed is transferred (the buyer).

You, as owner of the house, would be the grantor when signing over ownership of the property to someone else (the grantee).

Helpp1z

A grantor of a deed is the one who transfers (sells) the property. The grantee is the one to whom the deed is transferred (the buyer).

You, as owner of the house, would be the grantor when signing over ownership of the property to someone else (the grantee).
[/QUOT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">