• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice 236 sent to me & writ/exec sent to the wrong bank from what I saw online? How can I protect the bank accounts I do have ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The debt should be dischargeable in bankruptcy - although bankruptcy does not appear to be the best option.

The best option is to pay the debt - although $17,000 is a lot of money owed to the attorney.
Quincy is right. Bankruptcy may not be my best option as my debt is little and high now because of this judgment...I don’t want to pay it. I already paid this attorney until he screwed up the case. He got what he deserved. He doesn’t deserve anymore. Had I opted for a jury trial, my strong belief is that he would not have received anything. And the money he would have gotten from me in the end, I ended up paying another attorney to defend me in the bench trial case he filed against me for his attorney fees. The judgment is valid. I understand that. Good thing I am unemployed without work. It’s a handful dealing with a teenager so I am not rushing to go back to work as my husband makes good money and the reason to how I am making it and surviving right now. But I also don’t want this judgment over my head. I also want to correct myself and say that another attorney in his current firm now is filing this judgment case against me. The reason to why he waited from 2016 to file the certificate of judgment now 2019 is to let the legal malpractice statue is limitations expire...I had a case as some lawyers told me but the legal system is full of agony for me...too long of wait times and your best interests aren’t always served...it’s not a good thing to be involved in...I really commend people that can do this because I don’t have the reserves...

quincy

It can be stressful dealing with debt collectors and judgment creditors. And attorneys. ;)

I am glad you will be seeking personal assistance next week. You want to understand better your bankruptcy option and how it can affect your family, and you need to get your claim for exemptions filed. The attorney you see will go over with you what assets are exempt from collection efforts.

A link to exemptions:
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=42&div=0&chpt=81&mobile_choice=suppress
If you have the opportunity to update us later, we would like to hear how everything is going for you.

Good luck.

It can be stressful dealing with debt collectors and judgment creditors. And attorneys. ;)

I am glad you will be seeking personal assistance next week. You want to understand better your bankruptcy option and how it can affect your family, and you need to get your claim for exemptions filed. The attorney you see will go over with you what assets are exempt from collection efforts.

A link to exemptions:
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=42&div=0&chpt=81&mobile_choice=suppress
If you have the opportunity to update us later, we would like to hear how everything is going for you.

Good luck.
Thank you so much Quincy for your reply. My husband, daughter and me reas your messages like they are our Christmas gifts. I saved a lot of time (researching the internet) and stress with all the information you provided to me in this thread. Ur information was not only helpful but u gave me pros and cons, along with links to assist about my case.

Your right about the stress. That’s why I try hard to walk away. Life is to short to deal with this and I have always told myself there is someone always worse off than I am and that’s how I have been able to get by through the tough times no matter what. My appointment is next week and I have already made a list to help in preparation of all this...thank u again. If only I can shake your hand in person but I will be sure to update u about what happens in the future. God bless u and thank u for sharing your knowledge along with your time with the unknown.

quincy

Thank you so much Quincy for your reply. My husband, daughter and me reas your messages like they are our Christmas gifts. I saved a lot of time (researching the internet) and stress with all the information you provided to me in this thread. Ur information was not only helpful but u gave me pros and cons, along with links to assist about my case.

Your right about the stress. That’s why I try hard to walk away. Life is to short to deal with this and I have always told myself there is someone always worse off than I am and that’s how I have been able to get by through the tough times no matter what. My appointment is next week and I have already made a list to help in preparation of all this...thank u again. If only I can shake your hand in person but I will be sure to update u about what happens in the future. God bless u and thank u for sharing your knowledge along with your time with the unknown.
That is such a nice "thank you," Irfsmf2019. I really appreciate your kind words.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">