• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of Right to Cancel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sherl

My question concerns a contract in Missouri. My state is Oklahoma. When we purchased a time-share in Branson, we were not given a Notice of right to cancel as required by statues. Missouri Revised statues Chapter 407, merchandising practices, sections 407. 673 and 407.620 says that it is a requirement. #2 in section 407.673 says "Until the buying club has complied with this section, the member may cancel the contract by notifying the buying club, in any manner and by any means, of his intention to cancel and is then entitled to a refund of the entire consideration paid for the contract." Do I understand it correctly? Does it mean we have the right to cancel 9 months later because they did not include a notice of right to cancel in or with our contract? Thanks, in advance, for your help. If they hadn't told us one lie after another, we would not be trying to cancel the contract.

seniorjudge

sherl said:
My question concerns a contract in Missouri. My state is Oklahoma. When we purchased a time-share in Branson, we were not given a Notice of right to cancel as required by statues. Missouri Revised statues Chapter 407, merchandising practices, sections 407. 673 and 407.620 says that it is a requirement. #2 in section 407.673 says "Until the buying club has complied with this section, the member may cancel the contract by notifying the buying club, in any manner and by any means, of his intention to cancel and is then entitled to a refund of the entire consideration paid for the contract." Do I understand it correctly? Does it mean we have the right to cancel 9 months later because they did not include a notice of right to cancel in or with our contract? Thanks, in advance, for your help. If they hadn't told us one lie after another, we would not be trying to cancel the contract.
Try canceling giving them the info above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">