• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice & Request for Allowance of Lien Atty Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JudyHarrell

What is the name of your state? Alabama but claim filed in California

I received proof of service today for a Notice and Request for allowance of lien attorney fees. Can anybody tell me what this is?

To my understanding, my claim is over, I've received my settlement, my attorney has been paid. I told my attorney I wanted to represent myself on anything that could possibly come up in the future and she sent me a Notice of Dismissal of Attorney along with this other form. I'm worried. She's been paid all ready by the insurance company. What is this lien attorney fees thing all about??

Judy

J

JudyHarrell

They marked a box in which they typed the following:

For Representation from 1/12/00 - 7/16/02

Judy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JudyHarrell said:
They marked a box in which they typed the following:

For Representation from 1/12/00 - 7/16/02

Judy

=======================================

My response:

Okay, then if your claim was settled on or about 7/16/02, then the lien you received is a mere formality to complete the W/C Board's file. That's all. Go ahead and sign it, make a copy for yourself, and mail it back.

IAAL

J

JudyHarrell

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question! Whew! I thought I was being sued or something! My atty and I did not have the best relationship and I figured she got mad and was going to sue me!! Hardly slept last night worrying about this. Thanks again...

Judy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">