• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nuisance neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hello, my neighbor is lying about my family and my home in our towns neighborhood app saying we are drug dealers and we sell drugs out of our home. Isn't this slander or libel in some way? We work graveyard, and I have a sister who is mentally unstable badly and let everyone know that she was here for 2 years. She caused a scene and the cops had to deal with her a few times. but. this guy I feel is stalking and invading my privacy. He says that we are a and something needs to be done about us! What can I do?

Just Blue

Hello, my neighbor is lying about my family and my home in our towns neighborhood app saying we are drug dealers and we sell drugs out of our home. Isn't this slander or libel in some way? We work graveyard, and I have a sister who is mentally unstable badly and let everyone know that she was here for 2 years. She caused a scene and the cops had to deal with her a few times. but. this guy I feel is stalking and invading my privacy. He says that we are a and something needs to be done about us! What can I do?
What state?

Did he begin this behavior out of the blue or did some incident in the past lead up to this situation?
Nothing happened my boyfriend and I moved down to Arizona from Oregon to take care of his mother, and the day we moved in we caught that neighbor sneaking thru the yard to just to be nosey and my boyfriends mother was upset then told us how often this guy would trespass thru her yard and many times scare her because she didn't know who was in her yard but would always hear something outside

quincy

Has your boyfriend's mother thought of posting "no trespass" signs?

Has the neighbor's trespassing been reported to the police?

Yes, it would be libelous/slanderous to communicate to others that you are drug dealers if you're not. How has the neighborhood reacted to the neighbor's comments?

Yes right away my boyfriend posted no trespassing signs. No we never reported anything to the police figuring he would just mind his own business now that he didn't have to "make sure everything was ok" now that we were here to look after his mom and her property. The fact that the neighbor is saying all these untrue allegations 8 years after moving to this tiny under populated retired mining town where there is absolutely no jobs, everyone knows everyone, and the whole town is truly your neighbor, is not confusing but is rude and embarrassing. In fact the lady whos house my boyfriend was remodeling, all of a sudden cut the job short. now I'm not sure why she decided to not complete the job but I don't know if she is believing what she is reading. I mean before I realized this guy was talking about us, I was concerned about our neighborhood too.

FarmerJ

Install outdoor motion based camera and get footage of his next excursion onto your property. in the time being ignore the so called gossip until someone has the nads to tell you what they heard , said, read and then tell them ` I don't care for internet gossip`

Install outdoor motion based camera and get footage of his next excursion onto your property. in the time being ignore the so called gossip until someone has the nads to tell you what they heard , said, read and then tell them ` I don't care for internet gossip`
I wish it was that simple. My boyfriends dad who owns the house recently received a letter stating that (we) "His Tenants Where a Private Nuisance" And we might have to move your my boyfriends dad might get sued.

justalayman

Suing for defamation isn’t a do it yourself project. A lot of issues suggest you might have a valid case. Your best bet is to speak with a lawyer

But it will likely be costly and IF you win any money judgment, you would still have to collect on it.

And the big mouthed folks won’t necessarily stop

quincy

... my boyfriend posted no trespassing signs. No we never reported anything to the police ... The fact that the neighbor is saying all these untrue allegations ... the lady whos house my boyfriend was remodeling, all of a sudden cut the job short. now I'm not sure why she decided to not complete the job but I don't know if she is believing what she is reading. I mean before I realized this guy was talking about us, I was concerned about our neighborhood too.
You should start reporting any trespassing to the police. Your neighbor has been provided adequate notice to stop.

You need to know why the lady whose house your boyfriend was remodeling decided to halt progress. It might have nothing at all to do with what she heard about you.
... recently received a letter stating that (we) "His Tenants Where a Private Nuisance" And we might have to move your my boyfriends dad might get sued.
Who sent the letter?

Here, to let you know what elements need to be present for a successful defamation claim, is a link to Arizona's defamation laws (last updated 2014):
http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/arizona-defamation-law

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">