• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nurse disclosed medical info...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGr8Lemke

What is the name of your state? Texas

it is an extremely difficult situation to describe shortly, but the gist is, my mother had an antibiotic that had a side-effect that caused thrush, the doctor even recommended that she get a prescription to take care of the thrush, but she declined as she was financially incapable of handling any more medical bills at the time. she took the antibiotic, and went out of town to teach a class, and as the doctor predicted, the fungal infection "thrush" appeared and she was barely able to speak. her insurance wouldn't cover any doctors in that state, so she called back to hers by her home, and asked for the doctor to fax her the prescription, but the nurse wouldn't even talk to the doctor about it, she just said no. my mom, after quite some time, became severely agitated, because this was not the first time they were extremely difficult to deal with, and started raising hell so to speak, and then hung up on them.
the nurse on the phone turned out to be my girlfriend's mom, and she told my girlfriend that she shouldn't even talk to my mom anymore because she was addicted to pain-killers... my mom's "soon to be Ex"husband went by and actually said that she was addicted to pain killers, and told them to not prescribe her any of the sort because of this. The nurse's claim was not totally unfounded, and i am not here saying that my mom is clean or not, i am asking "what are the laws that the nurse broke" and "what kind of punishments go along with this?"

racer72

Your mother needs to talk to an attorney to determine if she has a valid case. And as a sidenote, prescriptions must be filled in the state in which the doctor is licensed to do business, a family member found out the hard way a few weeks ago. The doctor could not have faxed a prescription so that part of the equation is moot anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">